The Karakoram International University is a leading institution of higher learning committed to social development and evolution of peaceful and pluralistic societies in the mountainous areas of Pakistan and geographically similar regions elsewhere.
To promote human development at all stages of life; through growth, evaluation, synthesis, dissemination and application of knowledge, and provide a service that values sustainable, humanitarian, and economic development of the environment.
The University is committed to uphold and promote:
- Excellence and quality in all its functions including scholarship in its broader aspects, careful management and ethical considerations.
- Acceptance of diversity and pluralism, with particular regard to gender, race, color, beliefs, culture and religion.
- Holistic development of its students, faculty and staff as managers and critical users of knowledge and human resource.
- A culture of inquiry, creativity, critical thinking, and free exchange of thought.
- Relevance of its functions to the goals of development of individuals, society and environment.
- Recruit and retain highly qualified faculty who are committed to deliver the expectations outlined in the vision and mission.
- Ensure merit and quality in the admission of students.
- Develop and deliver knowledge content that is relevant to the local context; that capitalizes on local comparative advantages.
- Promote interactive and student centred learning.
- Develop a culturally symbolic (architecture) and inviting campus environment.
- Forge partnerships and networks with global knowledge networks for exchange of relevant knowledge, faculty, and student.
- Undertake continued faculty and staff development to maintain excellence in quality.
- Promote multidisciplinary integration of educational programs in order to enhance the versatility and entrepreneurship of its studies.
- Facilitate “access” through “distributive” learning and “decentralization” (KIU is a multi campus University).
- Seek multiple avenues for resource development.